Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
aq
New Member.

How do I add a already installed connector to Arcmc. Tried to scan host but it says nothing was done

How do I add a already installed connector to Arcmc. Tried to do scan host but it says nothing was done. 

I do not see any other option. I tried to rerun the installer but I do not see th option to reregister.

thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How do I add a already installed connector to Arcmc. Tried to scan host but it says nothing was

Did you add these to the current\user\agent\agent.properites? Do this and restart the connector.

# Remote management
remote.management.enabled=true
remote.management.listener.port=9001

0 Likes
alexandros_n Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How do I add a already installed connector to Arcmc. Tried to scan host but it says nothing was

You need to ensure that firewall ports for range 9000+ are open. Then you need to add the lines that Steve-M suggest or run the runagentsetup and on Global settings to do the same.

Everything is on the ArcMC and SmartConnector User Guides.

AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Its simple,
>First you need to make sure the reachablity to ArcMC and from ArcMC to the Connector Server to the port you are using 9000+ in short it should be allowed on firewall if exist in betwen ArcMC and Connector Server.
>At the same time you have configure that port in the Remote management option inside the connector by making the connection as true (by default it is false), and it will autometically update the agent.property file.
>Restart the connector service (1st stop then start -- Preffred).
>Go to ArcMC select to add host mention the host, define the ports or range of ports.
>Provide the username - connector_user, password - change_me (this is as default please check the guide for excat username and pass)
>and then scan.

Please mark as accepted solution if you find this helpful and it work.Thankyou!

AJ
0 Likes
Highlighted
AarushJ Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Its simple,
>First you need to make sure the reachablity to ArcMC and from ArcMC to the Connector Server to the port you are using 9000+ in short it should be allowed on firewall if exist in betwen ArcMC and Connector Server.
>At the same time you have configure that port in the Remote management option inside the connector by making the connection as true (by default it is false), and it will autometically update the agent.property file.
>Restart the connector service (1st stop then start -- Preffred).
>Go to ArcMC select to add host mention the host, define the ports or range of ports.
>Provide the username - connector_user, password - change_me (this is as default please check the guide for excat username and pass)
>and then scan.

Please mark as accepted solution if you find this helpful and it work.Thankyou!

AJ
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.