Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Contributor.. Kitty42 Contributor..
Contributor..

How do you troubleshoot ArcSight report template scripts?

I am attempting to add some scripts to an ArcSight template in order to show/hide elements depending on whether there is content inside them. I am also hoping to add some basic logic to do things like SUM all the cells in a particular column and then add that value to a text box element.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the scripts to work at all.  I have followed examples in the Report Designer Help to try basic colour changes to just see if I can get any results and the use of java.awt.Color.red throws an error: java.awt.Color[....] is not a function.

When I try setting the visible flag to false nothing happens.

Are there any prerequisites to getting the script functionality in the Report Designer to work? Or is there a way to troubleshoot the scripts?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Contributor.. Kitty42 Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: How do you troubleshoot ArcSight report template scripts?

I haven't found anything to assist in troubleshooting the report designer scripts.

What I have discovered is as follows:

1. When adding a script to an object you do not need to call that object by ID.   You can reference its various properties directly (properties like table, data, cellBackground).   For example, to identify the length of a table with an ID of Table1, you would simply use the command table.length, you don't need to worry about calling this or Table1.

2.  Set colours using RGB values, not the java.awtColor codes in the documentation. So cellBackground[rowID][coldID] = [100,100,100]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.