ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do you upgrade the Partition Archiver Connector?

So, I just upgraded all my system's connectors to the most recent Connector and SuperConnector releases.  However, there was no option to "push" the upgrade to the Partition Archiver Connector from the ESM.

What is the latest version the Partion Archiver should be on (for ESM 5.x)?

Is the Partition Archiver updated via other patches and service packs or is there another way to upgrade the Partition Archiver Connector?

I just want to make sure I am not missing anything since all the connectors we have here were several versions old to begin with.  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

The PA gets upgraded and patched when you do ESM upgrades and patches that affect the DB.  They're not upgraded as part of the normal smartconnector upgrades (technically they're not even smartconnectors).  The version of the PA should match up to the ESM version.

0 Likes

Partition Archiver is not a connector, it is a seperate ESM component that runs on the DB (Oracle) server.

When you upgrade ESM you also upgrade; 1) partition archiver, 2) web, and 3) Console(;s). Note: Console('s) must match the first 3 dotted portions of th ESM version so you can worry about doing Console('s) last.

Connectors and the Forwarding Connector (aka you superconnector) do not have as tightly coupled a version demand as do the core ESM components. Forwarding Connector is only required if you have deployed a heirarchial ESM topology or are using it to export from ESM to some non-ESM location.

So, PA only when ESM!

Best regards,

Doug

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, that is what I thought.  However, on one of my networks the manager and the PA are the same version number.  On a different network my ESM is on 5.0.0.x and the PA is 4.5.2.x.  Based on what I thought and what was just posted there seems to be something wrong.  Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

You should be able to do it by just running the DB upgrade package for your ESM version.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.