Highlighted
bdmeyer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How does importing an ARB work?

I just had an 'interesting' experince.

I created 6 queries, and 6 corresponding trends on a test server.

On the production server, the folder that the similar, but older content exists under is named:

FolderName

on the test server, the new content is under a folder named:

FolderName2

I exported the folder and it's content as an ARB from the Test server.

I then imported the ARB into the production server.

I discovered when it was done that I no longer had a folder on the Production server named:

FolderName

It seemed to have been replaced by:

FolderName2

This means I lost a long term trend, and broke alot of related content, which I don't know if our admin has backups of or not.

I am very interested in what I may have done wrong. This was pretty much the entire purpose of the test server, was to develop content on it, then import it into the prod server.

I had no idea it could remove content during an import.

The names of the trends and queries were identical, but they were in a different folder. (FolderName2)

Thank-You in advance for any education.

-= BDM

-= Bruce
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How does importing an ARB work?

Did you create new queries & trends on the test server or did you export them as a package from the production server?

It sounds like your groups / trends / queries had the same UUID which would cause them to be overrwritten when you import them from a package.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. david.bergeron@ Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: How does importing an ARB work?

When creating a new package, make sure the Format is export and Exclude Reference IDs
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.