Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mmanring Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How does the Logger handle multiple filters in an Alert?

I wanted to set up alerts for hardware issues on our Loggers, but am not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I created a new alert called Hardware Issues and selected the 5 default filters that pertain to hardware failures (bad fan, disk failure, power supply failure, raid controller issue and raid battery failure). I saved it and it put in all the queries necessary for those events. However, I'm not sure if the alerting mechanism uses AND for all of those, or if it uses OR. Does anybody know?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Established Member.. anwarrhce1
Established Member..

Re: How does the Logger handle multiple filters in an Alert?

I think in Alerts logger doesnt have full functionality of Boolean Logic.

In your case, you can combine all 5 filters into 1 and have 1 filter which can be then feeded to Alert.

Filters have full boolean logic functionality.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.