Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
zargaran Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

How to Upgrade ArcSight Logger Appliance L7400 SAN Support with Version 5.2 Software to Last Version

Hi

who can explain me how to upgrade ArcSight Logger Appliance SAN Support with logger 5.2 version binded to the last version Logger Software?

BR

Amir

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to Upgrade ArcSight Logger Appliance L7400 SAN Support with Version 5.2 Software to Last Ver

I would recommend contacting your support for this matter, as the software is quite old.

Would it maybe not be better to just reinstall it with the newest version? I feel the upgrade path from 5.2 which was released 7 years ago, to the newst version would be a too long upgrade path.

You would also need to upgrade your OS version in between, and you will surely get more issues than just a reinstall of the OS and a reconfiguration of the logger. I do not know if the appliance is even suported on the highest versions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
Stephen Kreusch Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: How to Upgrade ArcSight Logger Appliance L7400 SAN Support with Version 5.2 Software to Last Ver

I am subject to correction but you can only upgrade the L7400 up to Logger 6.1, but no further.

Adrian Smeria Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello zargaran/Amir.

To the 2 replies that you already received and which are correct, I will add:

- you can upgrade that very old appliance up to Logger 6.1 (which is also out of support)

- as the appliance (OS, hardware) and the Logger software are out of support for a long time, if you will need support, you must organize all the actions with the Professional Services teams. Please note that the cooperation with the Professional Services team is an extra paid service (we are not speaking about the regular support now, we are speaking about a project)

- as you will upgrade, you have high chances to encounter bugs that were active in different versions; some of these are show stoppers, you will need support most probably, and the support for this case means Professional services

- you will not find for download the Logger software for the versions out of support. Professional services

- as you cannot upgrade to any of the latest supported Logger versions, you also need to include a migration in your plan

I am sorry for repeating so often "professional services" but your situation is really in their activity perimeter. I strongly recommend you to discuss with your Arcsight sales/service representative about this project.

In very few words: decide the target destination Logger version, check the prerequisites for it and follow the chain of upgrades (fulfilling the prerequisites) for each version upgrade. You have to include at least one migration, although  we might speak even about 2 as you will have to change the OS version and the hardware. I presume that you are running the Logger on RHEL 5.x? The license will be changed too - either when migrating from Logger 6.1 to Logger 6.4, either when upgrading from Logger 6.2 to Logger 6.3.

This is a complex and time demanding project. It will not be handled by the regular support teams.

Have a nice day,
Adrian Smeria

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.