Highlighted
omriza Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to add a constant value each time a new line enter to the List?

Hi all,

I want to add a constant value each time a new line enter to the list.

For example, add the number 100 to the "score" column automatically when entering a new line.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to add a constant value each time a new line enter to the List?

What type of list and how do you update it? If an Active List and you update it in a rule, you can just add this to the rule action. More generally you could write a rule to trigger on audit event "activelist:101” (entry added) and set your value.

0 Likes
omriza Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The list type is Active List.

I'm update the List in a rule. How I can add the constant value to the rule?

0 Likes
levani Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I think you can do it with the following method.

Create a local variable Concatenate (or Add if numeric) in the rule. Then add this variable to aggregation of the rule (no need for it if you use Lightweight Rule) and in action tab use this variable in set Active List field.

In my example I use Add as I need to add digit 1 all the time I add the record.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.