psandeep08 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to add a subnet of assets to 'Trusted List'

Hi

We have 3 floors of users each flooring having different subnet, can some one guide me how to add these users in to ArcSight trusted list. User are assigned with DHCP IP.

EG:- 1st floor -10.1.1.1 - 10.1.1.100 , 2nd floor 10.2.2.2-10.2.2.200, need a hint to start with query and adding to active list.

I know the query should be something like below but am missing something

In Filters , SourceAddress in subnet add to trust list,

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. Ahedge
Established Member..

Re: How to add a subnet of assets to 'Trusted List'

The best way to handle this is to build a Network Model and use rules based on the different zones so that you can have "trusted zones."

0 Likes
Highlighted
psandeep08 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Arthur, Thank you for the response, I had gone through the recommendation, In esm, I tried to create a network model using the wizard, I created the zones (in csv file and upload) then create a list of assets and final step as sites. Here my confusion is.. DHCP IP changes, so if I amnualy add the assets, the asset list becomes void after a 10-15 days.

0 Likes
Established Member.. Ahedge
Established Member..

Asset modeling is a who different story.  i suggest you look for the protect presentation by AL Leach.  It is a very good overview of this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.