Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Artem Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to add a value from Active List to Active Chanel

Jump to solution

Hello,

I use function "Get Value From Active List" name - L. And next add ACTION- on every event- Set Event Field Action- attackerHostName=$LDeviceHostName. I add this variable in aggregation, but all the same value is not added. So many time i broke my brain but can't do this. 

My target: resolve same IP address with ActiveList help.

Thx.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
mat053241 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to add a value from Active List to Active Chanel

Jump to solution

To reference an Active list value in an active channel you will need to first create a fieldset for the active channel.

1. Create a new fieldset and add a new 'local variable' that performs an active list lookup against the field you're trying to compare
  2. While still in your field set editor, select the "Fields" tab, followed by the "Local variables" tab at the bottom of the page.  
  3. Find your newly  created local variable and select the fields you wish to have appear in your active channel.
  4. Create a new active channel using the filter your planning on using in your rule
  5. Change the fieldset to the one you created in step 1.
  6. Open the new active channel.  Any entries that match will show up in the custom column from your fieldset.

Note: This can become resource intensitve so be careful.

------
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
mat053241 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to add a value from Active List to Active Chanel

Jump to solution

To reference an Active list value in an active channel you will need to first create a fieldset for the active channel.

1. Create a new fieldset and add a new 'local variable' that performs an active list lookup against the field you're trying to compare
  2. While still in your field set editor, select the "Fields" tab, followed by the "Local variables" tab at the bottom of the page.  
  3. Find your newly  created local variable and select the fields you wish to have appear in your active channel.
  4. Create a new active channel using the filter your planning on using in your rule
  5. Change the fieldset to the one you created in step 1.
  6. Open the new active channel.  Any entries that match will show up in the custom column from your fieldset.

Note: This can become resource intensitve so be careful.

------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.