Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

How to audit ESM users' activity in ESM console?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I want to build a report or dashboard which shows ESM users (Analyst, Admin, Operator) who logon to ESM last time. Please suggest something so that we can record ESM users' logon activity for Auditing purpose.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi MS,

What Brain Suggested is for Extending Audit Event Logging and if u want to simply User Activities.Simply create a filter with OR Condition with these Device Event Class ID's, tat will do

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class

The main purpose of is to track down the ESM user i.e. when did someone logged in or logged out from ESM console. What was last activity in ESM by users existing under USER resource.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am assuming ESM 6.0c...

Page 629 of the ESM_ArcSightConsole_UserGuide_6.0c.pdf

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

We have 5.0 version console

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pg 636 then for your version.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi MS,

What Brain Suggested is for Extending Audit Event Logging and if u want to simply User Activities.Simply create a filter with OR Condition with these Device Event Class ID's, tat will do

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

That's awesome Bala .... this is what I was looking for...Thank you very much

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Try some OOTB CP.

clipboard_image_0.png

Regards

Ranjeet Singh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.