ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

How to clean ESM 6.9.1 CORR Engine system_table

Jump to solution

Hello Folks,

I want to know how to remove existing system_tables from ESM 6.9.1 (CORR Engine) database.

I have uploaded ESM 6.5.1.2083.2 system_table dump on Test ESM 6.9.1, however post importing the system_tables "manager service" is showing as unavailable.

I assume that removing problematic system_tables will make ESM as good as new one

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello

Did you try to import the correct system tables?

Whenever you import the system tables , the process deletes the old system tables automatically !

Or else you can use the command  manager/bin/arcsight initdb 

This command will re initialize the db  (use it on your own risk)

BR

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Sumit.

What you are asking for it will not work.

you need to install ESM 6.5.1.2083.2  and then upgrade to 6.9.1.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Yes I have ESM 6.9.1 on which I have uploaded the wrong system_tables dump.

Now I want to delete/remove its system_table,

Pls share commands if you have handy reference

Regards..

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello

Did you try to import the correct system tables?

Whenever you import the system tables , the process deletes the old system tables automatically !

Or else you can use the command  manager/bin/arcsight initdb 

This command will re initialize the db  (use it on your own risk)

BR

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Actually might be wrong (corrupted) system_tables were uploaded in ESM, due to this manager service is not coming up & reason i want to remove it.

As you said whenever we import new system_table in ESM -CORR DB all older tables automatically gets replaced / deleted by the new one,

So that still I'hv a chance to import valid system_tables & able to make manager services up and running

Thanks for you help !!

BTW manager/bin/arcsight initd'b ---> What does this command do? removing all CORR files?

Regards

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Sumit.

Do not assume that might be a corrupted table.

By design manager service will not start if you import wrong version system tables.

If the service is not starting , find more information into server.std.log , you will see a fatal error  probably  during verification of mysql db schema if I remember correct .

BTW manager/bin/arcsight initd'b actually re initialize the db schema .after running the command your system storage will be empty (like a new installation)

BR

Tasos

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sumit,

The rule of thumb here is that you can only import system tables that were exported from the SAME ESM version. One reason is that there may be a change in the database schema from one version to another. So, in your case, you have an ESM 6.9.1 test machine. You can NOT import a system table that was exported from ESM 6.5 due to version mis-match. You can only import system table exported from an ESM 6.9.1 system.

In order resolve your issue, this is what you can do:

1. install a fresh ESM 6.5 (matching exactly the version of the system tables you want to import).

2. import the ESM 6.5 system tables and make sure that everything works.

3. Upgrade your system to ESM 6.9.1

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Erdy Suarez

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.