manojs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to filter out logs on Logger receiver ??

Jump to solution

I have configured "SmartMessage" method on connectors to send events to Logger and I want to filter certain events on the receiver. Is that possible ?

Manoj S.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vluiz1
New Member.

Re: How to filter out logs on Logger receiver ??

Jump to solution

This feature does not exist. In ESM / Express you can apply the filter from the receiving end, but the filter is ultimately applied on the connector itself. Logger does not have the connector configuration / monitoring capabilities of ESM / Express. Except for L3505, which has some connector appliance functionality.

Filtering needs to be done at the connector side. Any particular reason you wish to do this from the Logger? You might wish to invest in an ArcMC that can manage connectors and performs the functions that you require. Logger L3505 appliance (only that one) has some connector management capability as well.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Markl Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Manoj Sharma,

You can filter out events in the connector (Form the ESM/Express, ConnApp or from the connector).

Kind Regards,

Marcos

Be Water My Friend
0 Likes
akshayinnamuri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Filterout events can be done on Smartconnector level, you cant filter out events on receiver on Logger.

If installed smart connector is of software based follow below thread:

If Smart connector is on Connector appliance,

Click on connector parameter settings and provide the desired filterout option.

regards

Achi

0 Likes
manojs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yea I know this method. I was wondering if there is any way to filter our events on smartmessage receiver which I have confgiured to forward logs to my Logger.

Manoj S.
0 Likes
vluiz1
New Member.

Jump to solution

This feature does not exist. In ESM / Express you can apply the filter from the receiving end, but the filter is ultimately applied on the connector itself. Logger does not have the connector configuration / monitoring capabilities of ESM / Express. Except for L3505, which has some connector appliance functionality.

Filtering needs to be done at the connector side. Any particular reason you wish to do this from the Logger? You might wish to invest in an ArcMC that can manage connectors and performs the functions that you require. Logger L3505 appliance (only that one) has some connector management capability as well.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. pushpendra.rath Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

@Vijay Luiz

What do you mean by this feature does not exist?

Filtering is a connector feature & nothing to do with ESM or Logger.

As you rightly mentioned that even if you apply the filter using ESM it's ultimately applied on the connector end, WHICH means if you know how to apply the filter directly on connector then you do not need ESM or ArcMac or any ConAPP interface for doing it.

@Manoj Sharma

What do you mean by "is there is any way to filter our events on smartmessage receiver which I have configured to forward logs to my Logger?" FYI : A receiver does not forward the logs to logger, but actually used for receiving the logs on logger which are forwarded by connector or by some other method?

Possibly you have already found the solution but if not then where do you want to filter out the logs and who is forwarding those logs to you logger?

Regards

Pushpendra

0 Likes
vluiz1
New Member.

Jump to solution

​ I have expressed exactly what you did in the sentences following "this feature does not exist", i.e. filtering needs to be done at the connector and not at the Logger.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Then this feature doesn't exist in ESM or ArcMac as well, you don't need buy them to filter events on connector )

Cheers !!

Pushpendra

0 Likes
vluiz1
New Member.

Jump to solution

Seriously?

"In ESM / Express you can apply the filter from the receiving end, but the filter is ultimately applied on the connector itself."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yea Seriously 🙂

Please read again what I stated.

One side you are telling that "this feature does not exist" & other side you are saying that you can do it via ESM or ArcMac.

If the events are filtered on connector level (as you rightly stated) thn how come this feature does not exist for logger?

Filtering is not a ESM or Express or ArcMac feature & you do not need all these to apply filters on connector because you can do it directly on connector itself without ESM/Express/ArcMac.

I hope it clear

Cheers 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.