Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to get certain fields to be shown in the notification email?

Hi,

I have selected a field set to be shown in a rule, but when the email notification is triggered, it does not take those fields. How can I make the rules take certain field set or fields?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to get certain fields to be shown in the notification email?

It depends on what ESM/Express version you use.

First, (for ESM/Express earlier 6.8) you should aggregate these fields.

Second,  you should copy base event field value to correlated event using Set Event Fields action. Order of this action shoud be set before action to send notification.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

?This is 6.8c. Could you please elaborate, if you do not mind.

Many thanks.

With Best Regards,

Vishal Sharad Kalani

Associate Security Consultant

Tech Mahindra Ltd.

Ph:+919923449006

www.techmahindra.com<http://www.techmahindra.com/>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I haven't any experience with 6.8 but somthing like this should works:

NotificationFieldValues1.png

Notes

1. Set Event Field stay before Send Notification action.

2. In case of 6.8 you should not aggregate deviceCustomString1 field, but you shoud use @<base event field name> format instead $<base event field name> in Set Event Field action.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I'm so sorry for misleading you. I refresh my memory about this. It looks like you should use aggregation in 6.8 too. But for unique aggregation from 6.8 you can use new format @<field>.

So if you add deviceCustomString1 to Aggregate only if these fields are identical list:

NotificationFieldValues3.png

configuration of Set Event Field action will be slightly different:

NotificationFieldValues2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

If you are talking about the default email notification template, search for the "Notification Velocity Templates" section in the ESM admin guide, the example is pretty clear.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi, Vishal.

If you follow this link , you can find a document named Notification_Email_Customizations.pdf. I hope it will useful for you to resolve your issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.