Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to increase the online event size in ESM 6.0?

Jump to solution

Hi,

on my ESM 6.0 with CORR engine the online event size getting full. I monted more disk space to the /opt/arcsight/logger/data/archives. How can I resize online event size in the posgress system configuration?

Has any one an idear?

best regard

Udo

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

To configure archive storage size, set the following property in the

/opt/arcsight/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/logger.properties file:

logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb=<archive storage size>

<archive storage size> is in GB.

Kind Regards

Samir

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

To configure archive storage size, set the following property in the

/opt/arcsight/logger/current/arcsight/logger/user/logger/logger.properties file:

logger.archive.space.allocated-in-gb=<archive storage size>

<archive storage size> is in GB.

Kind Regards

Samir

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello sir,

Does this fix apply to 6.1?  thus far, I did try it. It changed the visual indicator to the larger file size, but the actual allocated space did not change.

Also, in your answer above, if you don't mind, can you show where ( if required) the spaced allocated config change needs to be located in that file? In mine, there are several settings which apply to the Express box, but does the above setting need to be the very first item in the config, or does it not matter?

Thank you!

Lyle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does this work the same for 6.5c ESM? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This seems like it could be done through the command center on ESM 6.5.

https://esm:8443

Click Administration -> Storage and Archive

Click Edit Allocated size then you can also adjust the side of your storage groups there as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

But that's only for the online storage, not for the archive storage size! This has to be configured (for ESM 6.51 as well ) by the config file Samir mentioned!

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes that's true. Would be much better if this one could also be configured via the management console and if the currently used value would also show up there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tobias, Thanks for the correction. I've been reading cross-eyed for way too long now!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ESM Corre has two sets of Archive, "Online Archive" & "Offline Archive". So the changes you do, applies to Archive storage only. Also you can change the default location of the Archive file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.