New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted

How to the value of a global variable send by counterAct?

Hello friends,

I have a value of the global variable, example: value is : "Political Assistant" and filed this value (my global variable) is "sfTr.translatedSourcefireClassification". I'm using the counterAct for send values for a file .txt by shell script. But the values this global variable don´t is received in my script. 

I belie that my syntax of configuration is wrong. A try resulted in receive :  161.148.231.100;${sfTr.translatedSourcefireClassification};policy-violation

at: 

161.148.231.100 = destinationAddress

${sfTr.translatedSourcefireClassification} is my value (show the parameter writed in integrattion command)

policy-violation = deviceEventCategory

Where can I be wrong?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hmm without enough information it would be quite hard to tell, but here is a few pointers to start with:

1. Variable Names does not resolve to the same name when used as a velocity expression, examples below where the values to the right is the ones you want. I think you might be having issues because of the "." in your variable name:

Variable display name                     Velocity notation
Credit Card Number                        $Credit_Card_Number
dhcp.Hostname                                $dhcpHostname
Login User.Account Number          $Login_UserAccount_Number

2. There was no picture of your global variable configuration, if #1 does not work, could you please provide this?

3. There is so many different formats on how to present local and global variables, in certain conditions they are required to be like this:

$eventId

Or this:

"$eventId"

Or even this:

${eventId}

From what i understand of the basic information about it in the consoles user guide, you only use {} when chaining together, though this is not the case when using Execute Commands actions, so again i would advice to check option #1, then try these 3 formats based on what i mentioned at the top.

If nothing works, feel free to let us know and we will try to figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Marius,

thanks for your attention.

I've tried the three possible solutions, but I'm not successful. However, I did not really put enough information. Attachment I have more information that can help and clarify better how my variables are constructed and how I can help you figure out how to display the values via counterAct.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.