Highlighted
Member..
Member..

How to unlock Package framework locked by an admin user ?

Hi guys,

I have a problem when i import an updated packages from markeplace using command console. The package framework locked by an user (here admin). How can i unlock it ?

Thanks

Regards,

problem_import.PNGproblem_import_console.PNG

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Only admin has the right access to install the pkg's

Mr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Member..
Member..

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I connected to the console with an admin account and try to delete this package and i had the same message. I couldn't delete or update package.

Have you any idea to unlocked installation of package framework ?

Thanks,

Prasad AIAPPANE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Member..
Member..

Hi Prasad,

I had the same problem today. For me, the following steps worked:

• locate the packages: arcsight/console/current/[packagename].arb
  • delete the located packages
  • the packages are now free to delete from the console

soc2

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Restart the console, that worked for me. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Where to search below path. 

arcsight/console/current/[packagename].arb

Because I have looked in console path and I didn't found any packages. But still facing this issue. previously I did tried to delete some packages which didn't get successfully deleted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

It looks like you are trying to import a resource that could be locked by another user or hasn’t been removed before properly.

Were you the owner of this resource and then you removed it using the same user? Try to remove the resource again if it still exist first and then reimport.

Try restart the Console and check again?

Try using admin user to import the package and check if this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I have managed to reproduce the same scenario in my Console client

mo_kirk_0-1593292006994.jpeg

With the same error

[2020-06-27 17:10:41,687][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.ui.packageresource.PackageActionRequestBase$PackageActionThread]

com.arcsight.common.ArcSightRuntimeException: Package framework locked by admin for installPackages. Please try again later.

at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.remoteExceptionFound(Unknown Source)

at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.getExceptionFromFaultMap(Unknown Source)

at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.faultFound(Unknown Source)

at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(Unknown Source)

at helma.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.arcsight.manager.XmlRpcManager.privateExecute(XmlRpcManager.java:606)

at com.arcsight.manager.XmlRpcManager.execute(XmlRpcManager.java:389)

at com.arcsight.common.packageresource.bundle.RemoteImportPackageBundle.installPackages(RemoteImportPackageBundle.java:388)

Basically I had two Consoles running at the same time and importing different versions of the same package at the same time. This results in basically ConcurrentPackageFrameworkAccessException which happens when two packages trying to access same resource concurrently. It can also happen while  executing concurrent package operations from the console and from the command line or content sync concurrently.

I resolved it by simply making sure that one package import has completed and then I tried the same package import again in the Console and it worked.

Please check that there is no other Console or Content Synchronization happening concurrently while you import the Rule package.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.