Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Per Bejder Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Howto add OpenEdge driver to the list of JDBC drivers i a flexconnector

Jump to solution

hi 

I am creating a new database flexconnector, but can't connect to the database from ArcSight. 

I have created a System DSN that work fine, (can connect) but I am not able to choose the type from the list in ArcSight. 

pbe_000507.png

What I am looking for is "com.ddtek.jdbc.openedge.OpenEdgeDriver"
I tried to follow the "FlexConnector and Progress DB.pdf" guide, but i didn't worl out for me. 
If I use the openedge driver via DBVisualizer from the server, I connects without porblems. 

Anyone have an idea? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor..

Re: Howto add OpenEdge driver to the list of JDBC drivers...

Jump to solution

After some work I figured it out.

Copy the openedge.jar file to $ARCSIGHTHOME\current\lib\agent

The diver might not appear on the list, but no worries. Just ignore the warnings in the GUI. We fix the problem directly in the agent.properties file afterwards

In agent.properties change the line 

agents0.JDBCDriver=com.ddtek.jdbc.openedge.OpenEdgeDriver

Adjust the database URL to match the syntax: jdbc:datadirect:openedge://<server>:<port>;databaseName=<database>

0 Likes
1 Reply
Super Contributor..

Re: Howto add OpenEdge driver to the list of JDBC drivers...

Jump to solution

After some work I figured it out.

Copy the openedge.jar file to $ARCSIGHTHOME\current\lib\agent

The diver might not appear on the list, but no worries. Just ignore the warnings in the GUI. We fix the problem directly in the agent.properties file afterwards

In agent.properties change the line 

agents0.JDBCDriver=com.ddtek.jdbc.openedge.OpenEdgeDriver

Adjust the database URL to match the syntax: jdbc:datadirect:openedge://<server>:<port>;databaseName=<database>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.