ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IDbasedFlexConnector error : "unable to load properties file" failed to start

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to configure a flex connector as an ID-based connector to parse out events from McAfee ePO- audit logs. This server is using SQL2008 server. My *.sdkibdatabase.properties file is located in a folder i created called McAfee under the /flexagent directory. When i try to start my connector i get the error. I have tried to comment out the query for the database id in my file but still get the same problem. I have configured this in a SmartConnector Appliance and i am using the newest SmartConnector installer.

I am currently using the JDBC 2008 connector from Microsoft and have verified that my quiery results are correct as i can log into the database and run mu query and i am ableto get the data i want. i have tried the solutions on the KB Support site fir ArcSight but still having some issues. Any help will be appreciated.. i have attached copies of my error and also my *properties file

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Try creating a new zip file through the conapp interface with the properties file and put it in the directory:  flexagent/McAfee and see if this works, it's how I had to do it for one of my ID-based DB connectors on the conapp.

From the FC Repository:

Archive:  mydb.zip
Created by the repository zip file creation wizard on Fri Feb 25 14:40:23 CST 2011
  inflating: flexagent/someapp/someapp.sdkibdatabase.properties

From my agent.properties file:

agents[0].configfolder=someapp

I'm guessing you're deleting the flexagent/ that's already populated in the field when the page opens up.  You can also verify the file is there through the diagnostic tools.  Do a "List Directory" from the diagnostic tools on /opt/arcsight/connector_CONNECTORNUMBER/current/user/agent/flexagent and see if the McAfee directory is there, or if your .properties file is in the straight /flexagent directory - you can also look one more directory up in ../agent and see if you see the properties file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Still having the same issue with the connector. I am configuring this on a Connector Appliance. We currently have a flexConnector connecting to this same database and it is able to pull events. I have looked at both config files and have verified the correct directory it is stored in. The only difference i am seeing is that the older connector is using an older connecter ./ bin installed and i am using a newer version of the connector. Has anyone had any problems with this new connector sotware and SQL 2008 Server?

I have attachd my agent.properties file also...

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

You're using a microsoft editor that's saving files in Rich-Text Format.  Use something like notepad++, vim, emacs, normal notepad, etc...  When you open it in a normal editor, it looks like this:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
{\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1515;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 #\par
#McAfee ePO-4.0 Database Parser file\par
\par
version.id=1\par
version.query=select max(AutoID) from OrionAuditLog\par
version.order=0\par
maxid.query=select max(AutoID) from OrionAuditLog\par
\par
\par
#\par
query=select top 1000 \\\par
AutoId, \\\par
UserId, \\\par
UserName, \\\par
Priority, \\\par

You can't use something for word processing for writing code.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was using normal wordpad to crete this properties file. I have since recreated the file using Notepad++ and saved the new properties file in the correct location but still get the same error in the logs and the connector is unable to start.  Is there anything wrong with my *.properties file?

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Yeah - if this is uploaded exactly as it appears on your system, it's named .txt instead of .properties

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I went ahead and resaved the file again for some strange reason it did not save correctly. Here is the file i uploaded to the connector appliance and i have also attached my agent.log file.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Is your properties file in $ARCSIGHT_HOME/current/user/agent/flexagent/McAfee or $ARCSIGHT_HOME/current/user/agent/flexagent?  It's looking for the file in the McAfee subdirectory.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When you run the setup to add a new connector on the Connector-Aplliance setup it specifies the subdirectory folder config folder and i called it McAfee. So the directory should be: /flexagent/McAfee. My agent.properties file lists it as

agents[0].configfolder=McAfee

When you upload the SDKID*properties file to the container on the appliance it does not really give you a choice on where to put it other than i assume it takes the default location of \flexagent\* myfolder. This is why i am confused as to why i am getting this error.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Try creating a new zip file through the conapp interface with the properties file and put it in the directory:  flexagent/McAfee and see if this works, it's how I had to do it for one of my ID-based DB connectors on the conapp.

From the FC Repository:

Archive:  mydb.zip
Created by the repository zip file creation wizard on Fri Feb 25 14:40:23 CST 2011
  inflating: flexagent/someapp/someapp.sdkibdatabase.properties

From my agent.properties file:

agents[0].configfolder=someapp

I'm guessing you're deleting the flexagent/ that's already populated in the field when the page opens up.  You can also verify the file is there through the diagnostic tools.  Do a "List Directory" from the diagnostic tools on /opt/arcsight/connector_CONNECTORNUMBER/current/user/agent/flexagent and see if the McAfee directory is there, or if your .properties file is in the straight /flexagent directory - you can also look one more directory up in ../agent and see if you see the properties file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The directory flexagent\McAfee was not there. I uploaded the *.properties again as you stated and it seemed to create the directory correctly. I did not know how to look up the directories on this appliance as i am new to this connector-appliance. That seemed to work as my connector is up and running currently. Thanks for all the help.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

For future reference, to list a directory, just go to the System Admin tab, then Diagnostic Tools on the left, then in the drop down "List Files" and put in the path.  It's a little irritating to go through all that just for an 'ls', but c'est la vie.  Glad it's working though!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.