Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Importing scheduled reports in ESM?

Jump to solution

We are importing scheduled reports via an ARB package in export format between two Japanese ESM 6.8c systems.

However, upon import, we get the below error:

In English (express schedule report become invalid | Protect724):

Dependency conflict : The Resource "/All Scheduled Tasks/Unassigned/..." is disabled.

The resource "/All Reports/...." is therefore also disabled because it is related to the first resource with the "has scheduled task" relationship.

This error doesn't happen when we import into another system.

What's the cause of this error?

Is there any way to build our package so that it is guaranteed to not cause this error?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Acclaimed Contributor.. balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Importing scheduled reports in ESM?

Jump to solution

Ha ha ha.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Amil,

Try to "Exclude Type" the dependency while creating the Package and then Import.

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Balahasan!

How do I do "exclude type"?

Somebody else told me this. What do you think about it?

This may caused by a deletion of a user(owner) which own the resource and this resource is aso used by another user.

One way is to delete the resource, you may run resvalidate to get the list of invalid resources

We can't reproduce this issue in a fresh install of Japanese ESM 6.8c environment. But, it happens on a Japanese ESM 6.8c with new users defined, etc. Also, the error only occurs for 2/9 reports we that we import!

Another important point is that the two reports that fail depend on ESM standard content as their queries, while others do not. The arb package does NOT include system standard content.

For example, the below report 01 depends on "ArcSight Administration/ESM/License/Licensing Query" (ライセンスクエリ):

We need to have it work 100% of the time, so there is no trouble when we import into production ESM. Any ideas about the cause of this issue?

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

My resvalidate results are below, but nothing is relevant. I'm really starting to think this has to do with the fact that these rely on standard resources.

Including standard resources in packages is NOT good, right? Any ideas how to make it work?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Amil,

That's strange. If the user is removed and it is non existing in the Database. It won't cause issues. Maybe the linked resources are still existing in the arc_resource table. We used to Exclude resource types like permission,Instrument sometimes. But in ur case it's different. Have you tried validating the broken resources manually ?>

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I tried validating the broken reports after import manually. I just needed to recreate the scheduled job and it worked.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Amil,

Are you testing this on the ESM 6.8c. Schedule is kept intact on the package. I don't think it breaks during this process.

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yeah, it's 6.8c.

Hmm... this is weird because the error message talks about "scheduled tasks". Not sure where this is conflicting..? Maybe I made a copy of standard report and modified...?

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I want to know why this happens:

"The Resource "/All Scheduled Tasks/Unassigned/..." is disabled."

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Amil,

In previous versions the schedule is not retained under the packaging.But in never version it works. Did you check the permission of the user who scheduled this report is existing or deleted.

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hmm... I think we're getting closer.

The user that was used to import this package with the scheduled report doesn't have read or write privileges on the standard resources (base query)... perhaps that caused this issue!?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Ha ha ha.

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

No, the user used to import was administrator, so it's not that... I even tried deleting "admin" account and importing, but it still doesn't work.

0 Likes
akhanzada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We still couldn't find the issue out, but it seems like the standard resources differ slightly between ESM systems. So, scheduled reports that depend on standard resources are likely to break upon import. Well, we can't do anything about this, so we just made a step to reschedule reports in the import procedure.

Oh well, problem solved I guess.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.