Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. jmart537 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Initializing page shown on Logger version 6.2 L3505 Logger appliance /etc/init.d/arcsight_aps: Permi

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Good day anyone encounter this problem. When ever login successfully to the GUI, it will just redirect to the init setup page. The license is there always. When i have clicked on the saved. It show "error configuring logger". I am not able to proceed further. 

[Logger System Information]

Logger appliance L3505

Logger version 6.2

Anyone know what happens to resolve this?

[error]

On the GUI, it wil show "There was an error configuring logger"

On the logger_web.out.log

It will have error "Silent installer error when executing the Wizard"

[logger_wizard.log]

Thu Aug 17 10:59:46 SGT 2017 [14200] /opt/arcsight/logger/ -i silent -f /opt/arcsight/logger/user/logger/silent.properties
/opt/arcsight/logger/bin/scripts/loggersetup.sh: line 143: /etc/init.d/arcsight_aps: Permission denied

If i use backspace to http://<ip address>, i went to the main logger page, i added receivers , but once i log out, i try to open a new browser and login again, it redirects me back to the initial setup page, and i repeat click save, error prompt again, i by pass this by going to backspace back to the Logger https://<ip address> , i went to the receiver page, and i notice those added receivers are no longer there anymore and back to the default of the receiver that built in on the default logger setting

Anyone know ?

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Initializing page shown on Logger version 6.2 L3505 L...

Jump to solution

Raise a trouble ticket , issue resolved. It is a common issue . If anyone happens on this, get HP support to resolve it.

1 Reply
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Initializing page shown on Logger version 6.2 L3505 L...

Jump to solution

Raise a trouble ticket , issue resolved. It is a common issue . If anyone happens on this, get HP support to resolve it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.