Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Install ArcSight Console 7 Ubuntu

Hello team,

I tried to install the ArcSight console (Version 7) in Ubuntu but I have a problem with TZdata.

When I install the .bin, I obtain this warning: "TZData update was not successful. Refer to the install instructions for manual updates to your TZData"

clipboard_image_0.png

I don´t found any information related to this error on the install instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks team

Regards

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The tzdata needs to be configured for the client to work, an apt-get install tzdata should resolve it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello @Marius2 

First, thansk for your reply!

I thought so at the beginning, but when I tried to install the tzdata:

apt-get install tzdata
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
tzdata is already the newest version (2019b-0ubuntu0.19.04).
tzdata set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I do not understand why because a few months ago I could install the console without problems in Ubuntu

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Np! 🙂

Hmm that is weird, what does "cat /etc/localtime" say?

If its empty or does not exist, can you run this as sudo/root:

ln -fs /usr/share/zoneinfo/Continent/Country /etc/localtime

For example:

ln -fs /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York /etc/localtime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

mm, very weird the output:

clipboard_image_0.png

Sorry marius and many thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry about that, don't know why i asked for a cat, it's symlinked to a binary, which is why you get that output. What i would have liked to know is where it is symlinked to:

"ls -ltr /etc/ | grep localtime".

Though it seems that this has been setup correctly.

In many cases before, the error message during installation was actually false, and after clicking OK the installation still finalized properly.

If you click okay, is there anything stopping you from running the console application itself?

//Marius
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Marius,

Yes, the installation ends but not request the final steps (protocol, authentication,manager)...

Here the output of your command.

clipboard_image_0.png

When I try to start the console:

--

/arcsight/Console/current/bin$ ./arcsight console

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: /home/nacho/arcsight/Console/current
Assuming JAVA_HOME: /home/nacho/arcsight/Console/current/jre

ArcSight Console starting...

/home/nacho/arcsight/Console/current/bin/scripts/execjava.sh: 7: /home/nacho/arcsight/Console/current/bin/scripts/functions.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

--

Regatds,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.