ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Interview questions for ArcSight

Hi,

I am about to give an interview for ArcSight administrator position. I have implemented RSA SIEM tools and created content in ArcSight. But not really experienced on administration and deployment part of ArcSight.

Can anyone share some commonly asked questions relating to ArcSight deployment and administration? Even general questions are welcome.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can ask about:

I. Deployment

1. Supported platforms for the ESM ArcSight (very limited number)
  2. Typical requirement for resources (CPU, RAM) for "heavy" and "light" deployments
  3. Bringing Connectors to the ESM: standalone Smart Connectors, ConnApps, Loggers.

II. Day-to-Day user administration

1. Users administration (creation, removal)
  2. Users' permissions

III. Support

1. Gathering logs (their locations) at a ESM server (ESM Manager, Smart Connectors)
  2. Start/stop/restart of ESM services
  3. Archives setup and monitoring

IV. Content administration - is more related for a "Content authoring" (all types of resources, packages).

Regards,

Alex.

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the suggestions Alex. They will really help. I guess I will have to spend some time digging answers for them

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.