Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
alexandrutatu Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Investigate Vertica installation problem

Hi,

I am trying to deploy EventBroker 2.21 and Investigate 2.30. After encountering multiple issues I finally managed to bring up a working Event Broker with 3 master nodes and 3 workers, I have deployed Investiogate through the arcsight installer 1.50 and seems to be working.

I got to the step of deploying Vertica cluster on 3 separate nodes. For the install I followed "ArcSight Investigate 2.20 from the ground up build guide - v1c" and everything went ok till the point of creating the scheduler.

After issuing this command I get errors:

./kafka_scheduler create 172.24.16.109:9092,172.24.16.110:9092,172.24.16.111:9092

Please find the errors in the attached files.

Have anyone encountered this issue and managed to fix it?

Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Investigate Vertica installation problem

Hello - I tried to find you a response but in the end I've been told that the issue you are having requires some deep troubleshooting and you better contact support.

Sorry, but it seems you have submitted a rather complex issue. I hope you will find a resolution shortly!

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Thanks for the response!

I think the issue resides in the scheduler config file from the install-vertica folder. The file has only one line with ssl disabled.

This is how it came from the install archive. I will dig deep into this next week and if i'll find a resolution i will post it here.

0 Likes
tryptyk Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello, is the vertica database running ?

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

yes, the database is up and running. i was able to list the db and schemas.

the issue resides in config files that came with the installers, or so i think

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The build guide is for Investigate 2.20. Instructions for Investigate 2.30 are below that in the comments: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Tips-Information/ArcSight-Investigate-2-20-from-the-ground-up-build-guide-v1c/tac-p/1681613/highlight/true#M72

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

ok, i finally managed to get Vertica working along Investigate. The issue is with Verica installer archive. I ended up installing Vertica from 2.20 instead of 2.30, and it worked flawlessly. I think there are some issues in the scripts in 2.30 package. I'm not going to dig it further for now, as it is working just fine. Thank you all for the help!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.