New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it me????

OK, so I've got my new 6.8 box all set, up, collecting lots of nice events, etc. I am trying to install the Activate base and I get this:

C:\arcsight68\Console\current>ActivateBaseUpdate.bat

Enter manager information (e.g., esm.mycompany.com):esm4

Enter an administrator user name (e.g., admin):xxxxxxxxxxx

Enter the password for this administrator account:xxxxxxxxxxxx

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

___           _____      __   __

/ _ | ________/ __(_)__ _/ /  / /_

/ __ |/ __/ __/\ \/ / _ `/ _ \/ __/

/_/ |_/_/  \__/___/_/\_, /_//_/\__/

Package Utility /___/ Version 6.8.0.1896.0 (BE1896_12-9-2014_7:2:36)

Copyright (c) 2001-2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

All rights reserved.

Logging in to manager 'esm4' with username 'xxxxxxxx'...failure.<===================================

The authentication failed. Please verify your credentials and try again.<================================

Exiting...

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

##################################################################################################

I followed the Wiki instructions and unzipped the files to this location C:\arcsight68\Console\current>

(the files were downloaded from the Marketplace ) I executed the bat file from here, too.

I am completely and absolutely sure that my credentials were correct (Password is in cleartext!)  This is ldap/AD authentication on our esm.  ESM4 is for sure the name of my box.  

Thanks

Al

___           _____      __   __

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted

Hey Allen,

Dumb question but have you tried using the FQDN of your ESM?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

not a dumb question at all Andrew.  I did try esm4.mydomain.org   Barked back that it did not agree with the name in the certificate.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Have you tried using the local admin acct for ESM?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Allen,

The way you put your manager information should be the same as you login Console, or in other word, should match the name listed on your manager's certificate.

You can run './arcsight managersetup' command from /opt/arcsight/manager/bin directory as arcsight user to find out the exact manager server name that has been configured if you still cannot figure it out.

-Nellie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Also, when you open up your ESM console, you know, where you enter your user name and password, the field that identifies the "Manager" is the information you want to use.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From what I know, ESM is either set for AD authentication (in my case) or local, cannot be both.If I were to revert to local, my users would not be able to log on. (If I am mistaken about this, please advise, as I would like to have a local backup admin account)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exactly what I’m doing. In fact in troubleshooting I did try fqdn, but the error stated clearly that the name did not match the certificate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. I really have been entering the name correctly, as it appears in the console.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does anyone know which logs on ESM I could check for authentication errors like these?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

zzzesmname.JPG

fyi, my console login

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

$ grep web.url.base.host /opt/arcsight/manager/config/server.properties

What does that do?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.