New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it me????

OK, so I've got my new 6.8 box all set, up, collecting lots of nice events, etc. I am trying to install the Activate base and I get this:

C:\arcsight68\Console\current>ActivateBaseUpdate.bat

Enter manager information (e.g., esm.mycompany.com):esm4

Enter an administrator user name (e.g., admin):xxxxxxxxxxx

Enter the password for this administrator account:xxxxxxxxxxxx

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

___           _____      __   __

/ _ | ________/ __(_)__ _/ /  / /_

/ __ |/ __/ __/\ \/ / _ `/ _ \/ __/

/_/ |_/_/  \__/___/_/\_, /_//_/\__/

Package Utility /___/ Version 6.8.0.1896.0 (BE1896_12-9-2014_7:2:36)

Copyright (c) 2001-2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

All rights reserved.

Logging in to manager 'esm4' with username 'xxxxxxxx'...failure.<===================================

The authentication failed. Please verify your credentials and try again.<================================

Exiting...

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current

Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\arcsight68\Console\current\jre

ArcSight Package Utility starting...

Configuration initialized: config\console.defaults.properties; config\console.properties

##################################################################################################

I followed the Wiki instructions and unzipped the files to this location C:\arcsight68\Console\current>

(the files were downloaded from the Marketplace ) I executed the bat file from here, too.

I am completely and absolutely sure that my credentials were correct (Password is in cleartext!)  This is ldap/AD authentication on our esm.  ESM4 is for sure the name of my box.  

Thanks

Al

___           _____      __   __

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

The 'ActivateBaseUpdate.bat' is issued from Console. You may need to check if there are some log traces in Console logs, and manager's server.std.log (/opt/arcsight/manager/logs/default).

Do you have any issue to login Console from the same machine or a management jsp web portal (https://ems4:8443/arcsight/web/manage.jsp) with a name of esm4 ?

What's a setting of your host file where your console is installed

-Nellie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No Issues. All my arcsight boxes are in my host files and resolve to DNS too.

I’ll check the logs you suggest

0 Likes
Highlighted

Allen,

If you need to get the package installed go ahead and open the .bat in a text viewer.

The steps it is following is pretty basic as far as importing & exporting. If you have ssh access to ArcSight you can install the packages that way, in most cases the .bat is just installing an empty arb to pick up any customizations, exporting it then uninstalling it, then uninstalling the default package, installing the updated version and then reinstalling  the customizations. if you haven't done any cutstiomizations you can just remove the original and install the new file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

, Im curious, did you ever figure this out?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did, sort of.

I left it alone for a couple of weeks and then tried again, and has happened more than once in my career, it just worked.  I have no explanation as I'm sure I was doing it the very same way when it failed.

Thanks for asking and all who gave advice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign
Ensign

I had that happen to me twice in one week recently...hate it!  Once you can shrug off...twice and your boss is like "what the hell are you doing over there?!"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.