Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Is it possible to install multiple SmartConnectors to same server?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am already collecting logs from several windows servers to a log server where I have a SmartConnector installed.

Since I can't use the same SmartConnector to also configure that to collect logs from some application servers such as SAP, SQL, SharePoint, can I install another SmartConnector there?

When I tried I got error asking to stop SmartConnector first but haven't tested by stopping the existing SmartConnector.

I need to collect logs from several SAP, SQL & SharePoint servers and wondering if I need to install SmartConnects to multiple log servers to collect specific logs from those servers.

Please note that I can't install any SmartConnectors to those production Application Servers.

Please assist.

Regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI,

Literally, you can install multiple SC in the same host till you have enough resources. When you install SC, it's not necessary to stop SC's which are installed in the same host since you can installed it as a service. Have you checked the log or error msg I presume you might use the same port for new SC while it using another SC. I can not pin point the exact reason for your case. 

Cheers

Gayan

Mr

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI,

Literally, you can install multiple SC in the same host till you have enough resources. When you install SC, it's not necessary to stop SC's which are installed in the same host since you can installed it as a service. Have you checked the log or error msg I presume you might use the same port for new SC while it using another SC. I can not pin point the exact reason for your case. 

Cheers

Gayan

Mr

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you for your feedback.

I am getting ''Previous Installation Found - Update Possible" error when trying to install a new SC.

I'm unable to install second SC.

Which log file should I check?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Seems you installing your connectors using the default filepath? You need to install in different locations, eg: /arcsight/SmartConnectors/windowsAD
Mr
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.
Thank You.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

are you installing your connectors using the default filepath? You need to install in different locations, eg:
/arcsight/SmartConnectors/connector1
/arcsight/SmartConnectors/connector2
/arcsight/SmartConnectors/connector3

Then it shouldn't cause you any problems...

Cheers
Claus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.