Highlighted
Super Contributor.. ankitsynx Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Is there is a way to migrate only specific set of events from one logger to other ?

Hi,

I have requirement where I am required to separate data of two customers stored on a single logger. Since separating entirely won't be possible , so am working to just copy the data of one client on to the other logger . I went through data migration utility, but it seems it does not allow to select specific events to be migrated.  

Further forwarding events would mess up the actual timestamps on the copied data. 

Please suggest if anyone has a good workround for this to be achieved. Considering just the online data for now and not the archives.

Thanks!

Ankit 

Ankit
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Adrian Smeria Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Is there is a way to migrate only specific set of events from one logger to other ?

Hello Ankit.

That is a very good question.

You won't like the answer though: you can't do what you've asked, to move data between Loggers. When the Logger receives the events, it stores them and that's it. You can forward them to other Logger or to ESM, you can search for the events from another Logger, but there is no mechanism to allow you to move data around in the sense that you require. On the contrary, everything is done so by design moving/copying data between Loggers is impossible or very difficult.

All the best,

Adrian Smeria

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. ankitsynx Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Is there is a way to migrate only specific set of events from one logger to other ?

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for confirming, I was expecting this answer already as I could not find any possible solution in my research so far.  

So just figuring to implement a workaround without migrating the data. 

Thanks! 

Ankit

Ankit
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.