Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue: Manager in not starting due to IP change

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I have installed DB and manager by providing host name of the machine as "archost" everywhere it asked me.  Then the IP Address was 192.168.1.2 and everything worked fine. But  the  moment I change the IP to 192.168.4.6, manager just doesn't start. It keeps on showing the errors  in console and get  closed .

Can anybody please help  me  out here. I would like to  know why its causing  problem,  when I have provided  hostname of machine during  installation and how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Amit

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I fixed it. Guys.

After lot of searches, found the  files where  new ip has to be changed  in the database.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I fixed it. Guys.

After lot of searches, found the  files where  new ip has to be changed  in the database.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If you had set it up using the host name, you wouldn't have needed to change other files.

You could have got away with changing the hosts file only.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vini,

I used host name but still faced this issue. however did not try modifying the host file.

Thanks  for this info.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.