ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Captain
Captain

Issue installing SmartConnector for ArcSight CEF Cisco FireSIGHT Syslog.

Is there anyone here having issue installing FireSight Syslog connector?  I'm using ArcMC Appliance and having issue installing the certificate and getting IO Socket error.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi,

the problem I have with this connector is that as soon as I install the certificate (that was downloaded from the FireSIGHT device - JSSECACERT) in the right location, The Logger Pool destination start to cache all the events.  There is no problem with the ESM destination.  My connector is installed on a Connector Server.

I have a Service Request open with HP and so far the problem is still present...  and they we're able to replicate the issue in their lab.  It's been two new version of the connector since I reported my problem.

Thank you,.

Martin

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

any additional step from guide that you performed? I'm getting this error "Can't locate IO/Socket/SSL.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/local/perl/lib/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /opt/local/perl/lib/5.8.8 /opt/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /opt/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.8 /opt/local/perl/lib/site_perl .) at ./cef_agent.pl line 43. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./cef_agent.pl line 43."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.