Highlighted
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Issue pulling events in through WiNC

In an effort to phase out anything dealing with SMBv1, we have discontinued the use of WUCs. That being said, have created rought 14 Windows Event Collectors Virtual Machines with an average of 3 WiNC connectors per WEC (Member Servers, Domain Controllers and Workstations). The majority of those devices fall within the same domain; however, there are various other devices that fall under other domains outside of the main domain forest. Since these other domains do not fall within the main domain forest (the domain of the WEC servers), I am unable to add them to the subscriptions I have set up...

That being said, I tried adding them to the WiNCs table parameters to pull the events in directly like it were a WUC using the service accounts of those other domain devices. This is not working though. I have all ports opened in the firewall, so it's not being dropped. It almost seems like the authentication request isn't making it to the devices.

Is there anyone else out there that is using the WiNC as a WUC? If so, is there anyone that is using the WiNC as a WUC and pulling in from multiple domains?

Thanks for any and all help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.