Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with the Global Summary Persistance feature (affects Logger v 5.3)

We have identified an issue with the new global summary persistence functionality in version 5.3 of Logger.  This feature causes the statistics reported in the global summary section of Logger to persist through a reboot.  The ArcSight Support team has seen incidents where disk space has been affected due to this feature.  We recommend that customers using Logger v 5.3 turn off this feature until we identify and fix the root cause.

Please refer to the Support Knowledge Base Article for a script that turns off this feature. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00301166

Applying this script will cause the auto complete for field values to stop working. The auto complete for full text tokens will continue to work.

Suresh Venkataraman

Product Manager, HP ArcSight Logger

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This patch is highly recommended as without it there is a very high risk of Logger 5.3 running out of space, falling over and then requiring Support assistance to get it back up again (which is a timely process).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

I tried to apply this update immediately after a Logger reboot following this appliance being successfully upgraded to 5.3, but I found that when I tried navigating to 'System Admin > License & Update', I immediately got an error window saying "Operation failed due to system error.  Please check the server logs.".  Has anyone else come across this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Doug, if you were not yet able to apply the GSP patch yet, then this error may be due to a failed 5.3 upgrade. Please raise an incident with Arcsight Support to investigate further.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Thanks, yes I already have an incident raised with ArcSight Support regarding this issue.  The weird thing is, during the Logger 5.3 upgrade I had no problems reported, it appeared to upgrade no problem.  I just get this message when I click on the 'License & Update' link.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Dear All,

We are hit by this bug.....

TAC supprt has suggested to take the backup of logger DB, before that we need to turn off GSP & stop Postgres on logger.

Post this we need to apply the disableGS.enc to the Logger and reboot.

We are in a process of doing this.

Have anybody encountered the same problem.Can you share your findings.

Regards

Rupjit

BPCL

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello Rupjit,

I had the same problem with my logger appliance 5.3 SAN But the procedure that you indicated doesn't work for my case.

In your case, can you solve after applied patch?

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Vinicius,

Post patch apply everything becomes normal and system is running smooth for last 9 months.

Best of luck...

Regards

Rupjit

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.