Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java_Home on ESM 5.2sp1 console

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Dear jtsapsos,

I am not sure to understand your question.

The ArcSight Console uses already your JAVA VM running on the workstation.

Could you please more precise? Do you have a specific arcsight console installation?

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

the console in the default installation comes with its embedded JRE (1.7.0_55-b13 for Console 6.8) and will use this unless you start the console in dev mode. In dev mode it will try to use the system JRE.

Joachim

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The JRE for ESM 5.2sp1 console is a 32 bit JVM. I would like to point the JAVA_HOME to the Windows 7 JVM (64bit) which is faster. We are haveing problems with slow response time on the console.

I was thinking if I point the JAVA_HOME to a 64 bit JVM like on our Windows 7 OS I would have faster performance times with the 5.2sp1 console when we login via the console. Our channels take forever to load and we were thinking that a small change like this might help to improve the performance.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi,

I have just increased default memory (512bits) to 1Gb.

I have seen improvement but maybe it will be better if like you I change the JAVA_HOME to OS.

I didn't know that was possible, interesting, to be tested.

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

increasing heap with the packaged JVM is certainly the preferred solution for sluggish performance as this means your config is still supported. If you experiment with using the OS JVM and get a further speedup, that's nice, but just don't complain to support if its acting funny 😉

Joachim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.