Commander
Commander

Join two active list

Hi,

I am tryng join the values of two active list into the new active list those are populated by two rules. In each list I used the Device CustomString2 field. I am trying the create a new rule that take the first value and second value with the local variables. I dont know how to do it.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Could you show us what you have so far? Maybe step through the content with screenshots?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

You could use GetList variables to get both values from your AL s (one variable for each list) using a common field for mapping.

After that, create another variable to concatenate them and use this variable in the Add to List action of the rule, to add the value to the other list.

Regards,

Fabiano.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Well, I have:

- 2 rules, each one take the targetUserName and deviceCustomString1 to add to Active List in the same fields, Example

*List 1

targetUserName  deviceCustomString1

XXXXX                  10.10.10.10

*List2

targetUserName  deviceCustomString1

XXXXX                  20.20.20.20

Then I need that in the List3:

targetUserName  deviceCustomString1 deviceCustomString2

XXXXX                  10.10.10.10               20.20.20.20

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I created two global variables, but when I concatenated these, They willbe add in one field and I need two fields.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi David,

Join rule does not fit in your request?

You can use a join rule with a safe aggregation time, so, when both events occur, you set their values in the AL you desire, each event string in eache AL's field.

In this approach, you do not even need the first two AL s, considering that you are using them just to feed the third one.

Regards,

Fabiano.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.