New Member.

Kaspersky DB SmartConnector KES 10.0 Windows Service Issue

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

I've configured the smartconnector for Kaspersky Security Center 10.0 (Kaspersky_db), when I run the connector via cmd:

C:\Kaspersky>arcsight agents

The connector works without problems and sends all the Kaspersky events, but when I start the connector as a service I just get events:                               Device Connection down

The connection to the database is JDBC, and uses Windows Authentication. I did what the connector guide explains. The destination is an Arcsight Express 4.0   I have a connector server on Windows 2008 R2 where the smartconnector is installed.

I'm wondering why the connector works fine when I run it via CMD, but it doesnt work propertly when I run it as service.

Any idea guys?

Thnaks for your help

If you need more info let me know!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Kaspersky DB SmartConnector KES 10.0 Windows Service Issue

Jump to solution

Usually, this is an issue around the user id for the service. Have you tried setting the service to run as a particular user? If not, it will most likely run as the incorrect user and hence when it tries to authenticate to the DB it will fail. Not sure what you have setup for the auth, but thats the common issue with Windows services and service accounts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Usually, this is an issue around the user id for the service. Have you tried setting the service to run as a particular user? If not, it will most likely run as the incorrect user and hence when it tries to authenticate to the DB it will fail. Not sure what you have setup for the auth, but thats the common issue with Windows services and service accounts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

We configured the same user that we used to configure the jdbc connection as the user to run the service as you said and it worked perfect.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.