Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linux Smart Connector issues (JRE)

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

I am just trying to install the arcSight smart connector for linux. But I get an error as follows

--------------------------------------------

Preparing to install...

Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...

Unpacking the JRE...

Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...

Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

JRE libraries are missing or not compatible....

Exiting....

---------------------------------------------------

My system set up is as follows

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS | java version "1.7.0_91" | OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.3) (7u91-2.6.3-0ubuntu0.14.04.1)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Linux Smart Connector issues (JRE)

Jump to solution

Check if you have the correct architecture, 32bit smartconnector on 32bit os and and vice versa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Check if you have the correct architecture, 32bit smartconnector on 32bit os and and vice versa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

Yes. you are correct. However, I tried the same 32 bit binary in 64 bit Ubuntu Desktop. It works. When i tried with Ubuntu server, it doesnt.

Btw, I have posted my request to get the 64 bit linux connector (free trail) in this forum. Let me see if I have a luck.

Best Regards,

Peer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.