Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Logger 6.6.1 locked out

Hello everybody!

Look what I found:

"Warning: Licensed Data Volume Limit Exceeded! Logger has exceeded its data volume limit 0 time(s) in the last 30 days. Click Data Volume for details. All search related features including event forwarding, searching, and running reports are disabled."

I must say I was kind of amused to find this warning in our Logger last weekend but the laughter turned to sadness when I checked the functionality. The searches ARE disabled now. How is this possible? I mean there is ZERO (0) license overages. The data volume view confirms this too.'

I have always said a security solution should never lock functionality out like this but this is now the second time this has happened to us. Last time it was a bug in the license data volume counter (ipfix + netflow data count was multiplied by a factor of 4 or 5) and now we have this. A bug? A licensing error? Whatever it is, this is totally unacceptable.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Logger 6.6.1 locked out

Hello,

May I ask you to log a service request for this issue.

Please generate and provide the logger snapshot to the ticket.

The snapshot can be generated as follows: Login to the UI > Configuration > Retrieve Logs > save as > “logs.zip”.

May I ask you to also provide to the ticket, a screenshot from (a) the Data Volume screen (full page)

and (b) from the "license and update screen" (full page)

Thank you and best regards,

Lar

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

This appears to be Logger bug - LOG-20592, which applies to Logger 6.6.1.

From support: "Workaround: Restart the logger services and logger start to work again."

Sorry I don't have a better answer, other than to confirm the issue is resolved in Logger 6.7.

Regards,

Ian.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

the bug persists, its not fixed in 6.7 - just ran into it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes, also in 6.71.

showed up several days after upgrade. restarting logger services fixed it. waiting to see if it will recur.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Can you please check how much storage is allocated to logger ? if the allocated storage is already exceeds, try to increase it or upload the proper license to increase the capacity. Generally it would be 90 MB, if it is full, we will get these kind of notification at the top the logger GUI and the services associated with the logger will be disabled

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.