Outstanding Contributor.. andrew.dalbor Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Logger Archive Events

Jump to solution

Hey All,

I have tried in vain to locate events in our logger indicative of a successful or failed archive job.  Logger documentation states that it would either be a Logger:525 or a Logger:528.  I have searched via the Logger for both events, for deviceEventCategory starting with "/Logger/Resource/Archive/Configuration/", and various other methods.  I have audit forwarding turned on for the ESM destination and searched there also.

I am able to find events when a user/admin deletes an archive but not when the system archives via an automated task.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jurgen
Visitor.

Re: Logger Archive Events

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Great observation. At the following Logger 6.0 patch 2 release notes you can see this issue is a known bug. see the following text.

Capture.JPG

If you want to get this picked up as soon as possible, then log a ticket to support and refer to this issue in the title. It will move up the issue priority list.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jurgen
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

Great observation. At the following Logger 6.0 patch 2 release notes you can see this issue is a known bug. see the following text.

Capture.JPG

If you want to get this picked up as soon as possible, then log a ticket to support and refer to this issue in the title. It will move up the issue priority list.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! Didn't even notice that when I checked them out the other day.

Just curious though, we aren't at P2 yet so was this present before then?

0 Likes
Jurgen
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

I would assume not ;-). this is not reported as a bug in it has just been recently discovered reading from the bug number.

Kind regards,

Jurgen

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just an FYI to anyone else that might be wondering.  HP Support confirmed this was also an issue in P1.

Per communication with them its scheduled to be resolved in 6.1

0 Likes
Highlighted
MaryCordova Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

This work-around to alerting on a failed archive event would be to NOT the successful archive event.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.