Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Captain
Captain

Logger Archive failing

I'm new to ArcSight and I'm having a problem setting up Archive.

Running logger 6.0.0.7307.1 and trying to archive to a remote location.

I have set the location up in Remote File Systems and pointed the default storage group to

it but it fails. Which log and its location do I need to look at to find the issue

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you give permissions to the arcsight user on that archive directory?

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thanks Josh

I'm getting that checked, the exact error I'm receiving is couldn't create opt/mnt/archive/default

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can access the shell via SSH and try to create any file ("touch") manually. Probably permissions are not set properly. Is remote folder mounted? You can check status at the Admin menu.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yep that sounds like the arcsight user doesn't have the needed rights over that directory. I would make arcsight the owner of /opt/mnt/archive.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thanks all,

The problem was a permission one.

Amending the UID and GID for the ArcSight user to 1500 and 750 fixed the issue

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.