Contributor.. AndrewLoo Contributor..
Contributor..

Logger Storage

Currently my logger rentention is set as 90days

But the size accumulated is 7995GB / 8000GB

I do have a NAS and set as daily backup.

Questions,

1) Will my data be missing?

2) Say currently daily live is about 350GB, as the space is limited how will Arcsight allocated the remaining space?

0 Likes
5 Replies
99 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Logger Storage

Hello

If the allocated size fills up before the end of the 90 day period, the oldest data will be dropped from the table. If you write a daily archive, you can always load the old data back in should you require it. The archives are completely separate from the allocated storage mentioned below.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Contributor..

' the oldest data will be dropped from the table'

am i right to say that, Logger will allocated the needed space, since i only left wil 5GB of space and i require 350GB, Logger will drop the old data (may consists of more than 1 day) till the space is needed?

0 Likes
99 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

It will drop in 1GB chunks for most people. The guide says:

The total space allocated for a storage group includes a certain amount that has been set aside to ensure that the group can receive new events when it is almost full. As a result, the percentage of used space for a storage group never reaches 100% (as displayed on the Monitor > Summary page). For Software Loggers installed using the Minimal setting, the maximum % Used (On the Monitor > Summary page) for each storage group reaches up to 66.33%. (Two storage groups of 3 GB each; 1 GB is set aside for new events in each group. After 2 GB of space has been used and the new events are being written to the last 1 GB, Logger automatically triggers retention and reclaims 1 GB of the used space. Thus, the % Used field for each storage group only reaches up to 66.33%.)

0 Likes
Contributor..

Thanks alot for the explanation.

may I know where can I download the guide?

are you able to give me the link for download?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

You can find all the Logger documentation on this link:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Logger/tkb-p/logger

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.