Highlighted
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Logger archive extraction?

Hi All,

Does anyone know or have any tool that I can reliably use to extract events from Logger archives?

I need to extract data from years of old archives I have to put into a different tool for forensics analysis but there is not out of the box supported tool. There are some scripts floating around but I haven't found them as reliable as I would expect. I can't use anything that may or may not give me an output that is less than 110% accurate since those events are very important.

Any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks
Vini

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Logger archive extraction?

I think the only solution is using lacat tool. 

https://github.com/hpsec/lacat

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.