Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Logger search rights

Jump to solution

Dear All,

Is possible to create a group that just let to their users to search some devices/deviceGroup?

We would like to restrict the access to the user to just what they need or are allowed to see

Any inputs?

Best regards,

Karl.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Search Group Filters is the key in this cases, you should create a new one with the search you want to restrict to,

then create a new search group(or use an existent one), assign to the previous filter, and to finish just assign this group to the user(s).

I hope this may be useful to somebody ,

Regards,

Karl.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear All,

Any inputs?

Best regards,

Karl.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello

Yes you can, just go to Logger admin guide documentation. you will find useful info.

Regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dear Neo,

I've reviewed the logger 6.2 documentation and I couldn't figure out how to restrict these rights, that is why I am asking for help.

I think that a way to address this is to create a proper Logger Rights group

However, this is not so granular (as logger Report it is, where you can choose the reports).

Please, can you tell me how to achieve this?

Best regards,

Karl.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Search Group Filters is the key in this cases, you should create a new one with the search you want to restrict to,

then create a new search group(or use an existent one), assign to the previous filter, and to finish just assign this group to the user(s).

I hope this may be useful to somebody ,

Regards,

Karl.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.