UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lotus Domino 8.5

Does anyone has successfully connected the smart connector for lotus domino db to Domino 8.5?

i have an odbc error

[2010-01-14 15:24:49,254][ERROR][default.com.arcsight.agent.loadable.agent._DominoDatabaseAgent][doDatabaseDetection] Tried version [6.5/7.0/8.0]. ERROR: [java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Funzione SQLAllocHandle del driver su SQL_HANDLE_DBC non riuscita.

The smart connector is installed on a server with os Win2k3 Standard,  Lotus Notes SQL Driver 8.5.1 for Windows 2000, 2003 and XP, Lotus notes client 8.5 and Arcsight smart connector 4.7.7.5427.0. Using the tool suggested in the smart connector guide i have the same problem

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have contated arcsight support and they currently do not support Domino 8.5  I have submitted a feature request and am waiting information from my sales rep and the connector team.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Dear Andrea,

We are now trying to install the connector for IBM Domino Server.But i am litttle bit confused after reading the config guide.It would be greatly appreciated if you provide me your expert advise on this.I have a domino server running os Linux OS.So Can i use IBM Domino connector for collecting the logs as explained in the config guide for the same.But i am getting an error when i tried to create a new system DSN for the Domino DB(error 126).I am really stuck here and i need your advise.I hope you have successfully done integration for the same.

After installing the Notes Client should we conifgure it to connect to the Domino server by using any userID.or just installtion is needed.Beacause config guide nothing says specific aboute it(I have installed Notes client 8.5).

Will you provide me a hint on the error 126 when trying to create System DSN.

Thqanking you in anticipation

Aneesh Salimkumar

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Dear Andrea,

I have figured out the solution for error126.But again there is confusion about to which database i sholud connect.I can see one log.nsf already beeing there.should i connect to this DB.or i should create one more .nsf as specified by the configuration guide.I am confused which will be the appropriate choice.In the configuration guide they are not specifying about default DB.Also should i configure the Notes client with a user id having access to logs.nsf.Please give me an advise.I am really confused about what kind logs we will get after this installation.

Thanking in anticiaption,

Aneesh Salimkumar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.