Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Manage group by option on reports

Hi ,

i have a query that populates souceusername ,source ip and dest. connection to DC servers and it is group by sourceip,sourceusername and targetserver on query tab. on the report preferences without use group option on report tab i have these values return;

USER    IP       Dst server    Count

user1     ip1      DC4            12500

user1     ip1      DC2             5400

user1     ip1      DC3              150

user2     ip2      DC1              25222

user2     ip2       DC3              15

After group them via report screen result is that with drag and drop username section as group .

--------------------------------------------------------

ip1      DC4            12500

user1     ip1      DC2             5400

ip1      DC3              150

---------------------------------------------------------

user2      ip2      DC1            25222

ip2      DC3               15

But i want this order should be based on highest value in the section that is grouped by username for example based on 25222 and 12500 values.

user2      ip2      DC1            25222

ip2      DC3               15

ip1      DC4            12500

user1       ip1      DC2             5400

ip1      DC3              150

i've tried lots of option but no way to create this type of report. Any idea how can i do that ?

Thank you ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Malik,

You can add "Count" to OrderBy fields and select descending order for sorting data in descending order. Keep the GroupBy fields same.

Ankit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

i've alread tried it ,as the way you said but unfortunatly it orders via username because under a username section there are 3 or 4 lines and ordered based on user name if ESM try to sort by count then the group by username on repoert screen become disabled.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Malik,

I tried doing it on Arcsight 5.0 and 6.8c...but still the output was the same as you are saying....looking ahead for a solution to this. Thanks for bringing up this issue...will share when i get a workaround for this.

Ankit
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.