naveen0991 Contributor.
Contributor.

Management Server URL is not working

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

After successful configuration of my newly installed AE-75XX Arcsight Express server, the management URL is not working "https://<hostname:8443". But i could establish a telnet session to the port 8443 and also the Arcsight web is accessible from browser.

Best regards,

Naveen Kumar S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stefan.oancea Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Management Server URL is not working

Jump to solution

Dear Naveen,

I am glad this worked for you.

If you consider your question to be answered, kindly close it by marking the answer as correct. This way you help others benefit from the discussion, as well as play your part in keeping the community tidied up.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
muratekren Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

During the express configuration what was the hostname you entered ? since the url will redirect to that hostname and if name resulotion fails url will not work . Check the web.url.base.host configured in the /opt/arcsight/manager/config/server.properties

0 Likes
naveen0991 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I tried with the hostname too but that didn't work. If the name resolution fails, it has to fail for the Arcsight web right access but that link is working fine.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Naveen,

I remember having a similar issue with an ArcSight Express - even though the hostname of the Express was already resolved by DNS, I had to add it to the local "hosts" file. After that I was able to access it just fine. So please add the arcsight_hostname to IP mapping locally in your hosts file, on the workstation from which you are trying to access it.

Try it, perhaps this will help.

All the best,

Stefan

0 Likes
DineshPoudel Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try "https://IP:8443", that should help you understand if its actually a name resolution issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
naveen0991 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear Stefan,

This worked, thank you for your response.

Regards,

Naveen Kumar S

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear Naveen,

I am glad this worked for you.

If you consider your question to be answered, kindly close it by marking the answer as correct. This way you help others benefit from the discussion, as well as play your part in keeping the community tidied up.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.