Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Carl_E Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Managing ArcMC configuration policies on itself

Jump to solution

I am currently setting up centralized configuration policy management with ArcMC 2.1 and I noticed that out of the box, I can't subscribe the ArcMC that I am working on to a policy it is managing.

As a simply example, I have a SMTP policy that I want to push to my Loggers, ConnApps and the ArcMC itself.  I can attach the Loggers and Connapps easily and the push the policy with success. However, without first adding the ArcMC to the managed nodes, and thereby installing the ArcMC agent on itself, I am not able to push the same SMTP policy.

Has anyone tried this?  Was this a use case that HP thought of when they started developing ArcMC?

Thanks

Carl

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Managing ArcMC configuration policies on itself

Jump to solution

If I am reading this correctly, you are trying to add the localhost as a subscriber to the policies that you are creating. If that is correct, then I will save you some troubleshooting time by telling you that it can't be done! I submitted a feature request for the ability to do this back when ArcMC 2.0 came out and I guess they didn't feel the need to make it happen. So basically, you'll need to make the config changes manually on the Management ArcMC (localhost) and then also create the policy to push out to all of the subscribing remotely managed ArcMCs, loggers, ConApps, etc. This means that you will only be able to check compliance on the remotely managed ArcMCs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

If I am reading this correctly, you are trying to add the localhost as a subscriber to the policies that you are creating. If that is correct, then I will save you some troubleshooting time by telling you that it can't be done! I submitted a feature request for the ability to do this back when ArcMC 2.0 came out and I guess they didn't feel the need to make it happen. So basically, you'll need to make the config changes manually on the Management ArcMC (localhost) and then also create the policy to push out to all of the subscribing remotely managed ArcMCs, loggers, ConApps, etc. This means that you will only be able to check compliance on the remotely managed ArcMCs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

David,

You are fully understanding what I'm trying to do.

I am using ArcMC 2.1 and started to add the localhost ArcMC as a managed node and got all the way to the prompt to install the ArcMC agent on itself. I stopped there since I was concerned that I would corrupt something on my ArcMC.

Was this the same behaviour in ArcMC 2.0? 

Also, if you still have the feature request number, can you send it to me.  I want to add my voice to getting this in place.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'll try to track it down...when I talked to the developers, it seemed like they basically told me that they would never add that feature. I'll have to check again though.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Support searched and said they had no feature request for this.  I guess I will open a new one and give it to you so that you can add your voice to it as well.

Thanks for you quick answer on this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.