Highlighted
Oliver843 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Moving From Appliance to Virtual

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

We are looking to move from appliances to a virtual environment.

I know there is a Logger image available to use but does anyone know if this is available in a VMDK?

As there is not an image for ArcMC or ESM could someone please point me to some documentation on how to install these ArcSight products in a VMware environment?

I have read the normal documentation but it gives no guidlines on how to harden the underlying Centos/Red Hat operating system.

Any hints, tips or identified pitfalls would be a  great help.

Regards

Oliver 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adrian Smeria Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Moving From Appliance to Virtual

Jump to solution

Hello Oliver843.

I will answer partially, only for the question regarding the Logger image: for each Logger version there is available an .ova file (so yes, Vmware format). 

I do not know to answer about the OS hardening, if anything special has been done to the OS comprised in that ova file.

All the best,

Adrian Smeria

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe harden the underlying Centos/Red Hat operating system is part of your compliance, not part of ArcSight. as a suggestion, you remove sudo user access. 

Cheers

Gayan.

Mr
0 Likes
Adrian Smeria Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Oliver843.

I will answer partially, only for the question regarding the Logger image: for each Logger version there is available an .ova file (so yes, Vmware format). 

I do not know to answer about the OS hardening, if anything special has been done to the OS comprised in that ova file.

All the best,

Adrian Smeria

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.