Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
pbagnell Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Multi-mappings Active List problem using Geo Country Code field

All,

Has anyone experienced an issue when using Geo Country Code on a multi-mappings Active List?

I am on version ESM 6.11.0.2385.1

I have a rule that writes Username, IP Address, Geo Country Name,  Geo Country Code and a couple of other fields to a multi-mappings enabled Active List.  Username is the only key value.  I sent several events from the same Username and different IP addresses in order to test the rule and view the Active list entries.  The rule works fine, other events are causing the rule to fire, as designed, as well.  When I 'Show Entries' and filter for the test Username, only the first entry is displayed.  If I try to edit the entry, the data from the last event that caused the rule to fire is displayed in the Active List Entry Editor.

Through trial and error by recreating the Active List several times, I have determine this condition exists when Geo Country Code is in the AL..  When I created a new AL without this field, test the rule with several events, all the entries are displayed when I 'Show Entries'.   This appears to be a wierd bug related to that one field.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
1 Reply
Visitor.. leesteele
Visitor..

Re: Multi-mappings Active List problem using Geo Country Code field

HI Paul, 

We are having similar issue , but for us we are getting the active list populated OK , but the Geo Location name field is not being populated in the Active list - although if you do a general search for the entries , the Geo info is populated.

We are suspecting that the GEO location information is possibly retrieved once the event is created, so the field is updated in the normal search channel, but as the Active List is not changeable that the delayed geo info cannot be updated in the active list field?  - as i said it is a working theory that we haven't been able to prove/confirm yet.

But if you have any further information on yours it would be interesting to know?

thanks

Lee

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.