UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Need Help with ArcSight 6.8C Patch 1 ESM Console

I was able to use ArcSight 6.8c patch1 ESM Console without any issues for the past few months but since the start of this week, each time that I try to launch the ArcSight 6.8 ESM Console, it will open then close itself in a matter of seconds.

I re-installed the application and the issue is still persisting..

After looking at the error log, I was able to find this:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000, pid=8036, tid=3408

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_55-b13) (build 1.7.0_55-b13)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.55-b03 mixed mode windows-x86 )

# Problematic frame:

# C  0x00000000

So I decided to re-install Java. Tried to open the ESM Console again and the issue is still persisting.

FYI, I can run ArcSight 5.5 & 6.5 without any issues..

Did anyone encounter this issue before?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AMD video card driver was the root cause of this issue.

Uninstalled the drive and was able to start ArcSight 6.8

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I'm also having the same problem.  6.5, 6.51, and Express 4.0 consoles all work perfectly fine.  I have tried multiple installations and still no luck.  Other machines have no problem installing and running the console.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.