Outstanding Contributor.. Pushpendra_Rathi Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Network Modeling (Asset & Zone import sheet) Question

Jump to solution

Guys !!

I have very basis question !!

So for an example, I many overlapping Private Address Spaces in my enterprise hence we have more than one Network A & B & C ....

Now the question is that how can I use Network Modeling Wizard "Asset import sheet" to import the assets which has same IP address repeating as these IP/assets may belongs to zones in A & B & C Networks? There is no option to specify the Network Name in the asset import sheet so how would it work? And the same question goes for importing the zones using "Zones import sheet", there can be two duplicate Zones belonging to two different Networks but the sheet does not give this option to add the Network name you would like to assign the zone.

Regards

Pushpendra

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Network Modeling (Asset & Zone import sheet) Question

Jump to solution

Thanks Henk-Jan

really appreciate your help :-))

I also had requested it to HP through Kahuna and they gave me but there was no document how to use it..

Regards

Pushpendra.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution
0 Likes
sparky1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I think that you best bet would be to setup different customers (albeit that they may be the same company).

You then assign the relevant customer to the relevant connector, and likewise the relevant zones/networks to the relevant customer, hence allowing multiple overlapping zones.

That way when the connector imports it follows the structure assigned with customer A, and a different structure using customer B.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Mark :-))

It will work perfect using the asset import connector..

But my question is mainly for the CSV method following the asset import wizard.. And my guess is that it's not going to work but still I wanted to confirm it with some most senior guys to be on same page, so the conclusion is that asset import connector is the only solution in this situation :-))

Another thing is that we can use the connector to import for the assets but what about overlapping zones? isnt there lots of manual work importing UNIQUE zones and then assign A network and then again import the overlapping zones to assign them to B Network?

0 Likes
sparky1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yeah the wizard is very limited, I don't use it unless I only have a few zones.

As for the zones .... ask internally at Kahuna about the "Resource Generator"

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have requested 🙂

0 Likes
secure_hje Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Pushpendra,

This is working with the Resource Generator.

See the document : Importing Locations & Zones using the Resource Generator

HJ

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks Henk-Jan

really appreciate your help :-))

I also had requested it to HP through Kahuna and they gave me but there was no document how to use it..

Regards

Pushpendra.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi

There is no document for resource generator... would you please explain a lit bit more?

Thanks 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.