lucdesaulniers Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

New ESM 6.9.1 server. How to re-register connectors?

Hello,

Here is the situation. We had an ESM 6.5 server we were looking to upgrade, but the server kicked the bucket during the process. No backup available.

We installed a brand new server with ESM 6.9.1. The older 6.5 server was using a self-signed certificate. The new one is using a CA-signed certificate. IMPORTANT: the new server has the exact same name and ip address as the old one.

My question: how do I go about re-registering my smart connectors onto the new ESM server? I've tried adding the CA cert to the certificates repository on the ConApp and then selecting a host, clicking on CERTIFICATES and then updating all of the host's containers. However this did not change anything as the connectors continue to cache events.

I then just for kicks deleted the ESM destination from one of the connectors and re-added it. Then this connector in particular started sending events to the new server and I (of course) could see the connector from the ESM console.

Is there a more batch-like way of doing this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
lucdesaulniers Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: New ESM 6.9.1 server. How to re-register connectors?

Exchanged a few emails with support about this.

Apparently the only way to do this is to either execute the smart connector setup and reregister the ESM destination OR go through the Connector Appliance and delete/recreate the destination. For each and every connector that has an ESM destination of course.

This works but you end up losing any cached data that has accumulated.

To this support told me :

"This cached data is lost when you recreate the destination, our internal resources are working and testing to create a way to prevent these cached data from being lost but unfortunately they are still working on it."

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.